The host hotel for the conference, the Oread Hotel, is now fully booked for the conference dates. Please make alternative lodging arrangements – see suggestions below.
Lawrence is home to numerous local and national chain hotels, as well as local B&Bs and home-sharing rentals. Some popular Lawrence hotels in the downtown area include the historic Eldridge Hotel, the Town Place Suites, and Springhill Suites. Other hotels popular with visitors are the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Other options are available throughout Lawrence in a range of prices. See popular travel reservation sites or Unmistakably Lawrence for suggestions on where to stay in or near Lawrence.
As on most college campuses, parking at the University of Kansas is tight – there is no free parking at the KU-Lawrence campus on weekdays and street parking near campus is hard to find.
Two suggested parking options for conference goers:
- The Oread Hotel offers valet parking for just $5.00 per day (overnight parking is $15.00).
- The KU Mississippi Street Parking Garage is just a couple of blocks north of the Oread Hotel and can be accessed from either Mississippi Street or Jayhawk Blvd. Parking is $1.75 for the first hour and $1.50 for each hour afterwards. Please note that the KU parking garages use the European-style prepayment system.
- Lawrence is served by Kansas City International Airport (Airport code MCI), located about one hour’s drive from Lawrence.
- Numerous taxi and shuttle services run between the airport and Lawrence and a full range of national rental car companies also serve the airport.
Amtrak and Greyhound have terminals in Lawrence.
- Lawrence is served by a public bus system, local taxi services, and ride-hailing companies including Lyft and Uber.
For more information and links about travel options, visit Unmistakably Lawrence.